You are here

Methods of Payments

The United States District Court-Northern District of Oklahoma accepts the following payment methods, many with restrictions on types of services/remittances for which they can be used. Note: The insufficient funds fee, or "NSF" fee, now applies to any payment method (see fee schedule).

Cash and Cashier's Checks

  • Cash, Money Orders and Cashier's Checks are an accepted method of payment for all transactions receipted by the Court. Cashier's Checks are bank issued checks that must be issued to "Clerk, U.S. District Court". These checks are guaranteed by the financial institution to clear and a stop payment may not be issued on them. Money Orders are also guaranteed payments.

Personal Checks, Business Checks, Money Orders

  • Personal/Business Checks and money orders are accepted forms of payment for all transactions except cash bail bonds, special assessments, restitution and fine payments in criminal matters. Cash, Money Orders or Cashier's checks are the required form of payment in these instances.
  • All checks and money orders should be made payable to "Clerk, U.S. District Court". Personal and Business checks that are returned by the bank for "Insufficient Funds", "Stop Payments", etc. are subject to an NSF fee (see fee schedule). Frequent return of checks for insufficient funds may result in placing the customer on a cash-only basis.

Credit Cards

  • The accepted credit cards are MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and Diners Card. Payments on credit cards will not be accepted for criminal debt (fines, special assessments, and restitutions), criminal bonds, civil bonds, interpleaders, jury costs, etc. The following are the only acceptable transactions to be paid for by credit cards:
  • Civil, Habeas Corpus and Miscellaneous filing fees
  • Notice of Appeal (both District Court and Magistrate Misdemeanor)
  • Copies, Certifications, Exemplifications and searches
  • Admission to the Bar and Pro Hac Vice
  • Certificate of Good Standing and Duplicate copy of Admission Certificate
  • Certificate of Judgment for Another District
  • Reproduction of Magnetic Tape recordings and microfiche copies
  • Retrieval of files from Federal Records Center